Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bangladesh

The weather is so unpleasant here in Merion that I decided to go to the Virtual Paintout and see what was happening there.  (Check it out to see the variety of art work and locations found) The assignment was Bangladesh.  I dropped in to this nice photo which is what I imagine Bangladesh to be like.  Decided to try a watercolor for a change.  This is something I haven't done for about 10 years or so and never much before that.  The results are not too hot and I should not have tried something so complicated to get started after so long, but in the spirit of full disclosure here it is.  I like the photo a lot and am amazed that I can take a photo in Merion of something real happening half way around the world.  Worth trying to paint in oil?


Here is a link to the google map spot:

3 comments:

Anne said...

Truly Nancy when your modesty is particularly robust,it seems you are fishing for compliments! That water color is wonderful!

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Thank you Anne. I wasn't fishing really. It just was not what I had in mind.

Anne said...

What I like is the treatment of light...your forte imo.