Friday, March 27, 2015

Sunglasses


SUNGLASSES
Nancy Herman
6" x 8"
oil on canvas board

Okay what's going on here?  In the last several paintings I have been trying something new.   What I am thinking about with these new paintings (I began the series with Winter Porch) is, "what can I leave out in order to enhance the 'feel' of the subject".  I am using juicy paint in solid areas, but that's another story.  In this painting a girl appears in the chaos of shapes coming out of a station.  She is wearing sunglasses against the sudden glare.  I want to integrate the figure in the composition without losing it as a focal point.

$150.00

2 comments:

Anne said...

I like your new series. This is what it would look like before our eyes adjust to the glare or our own sun glasses .... also abstract, yet not..cool!

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Thanks Anne. I can always count on you for an interesting view of things.