Saturday, September 6, 2014

Beach Books


BEACH BOOKS
Nancy Herman
9" x 12"
oil on canvas board

A good book on the beach on a sunny day with nothing to do but relax and live in another world for an hour or two.  It is especially nice when you know that whenever you get too hot you can dive into the ocean and cool off.  This summer in Ocean City the water was warm, the surf calm and every day a sunny one.  Ah....summer!

$250.00
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nancy-herman/beach-books/255352

5 comments:

Anne said...

Nancy, I don't knew how you get these details in a 9x12 canvas. This is like watching in awe as someone parallel parks with two turns of the wheel. Remarkable

I guess it's a mother and son and I'm wondering if he's reading in order to be allowed to game later lol

I like the textures and how Mom is thinking

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Thank you so much Anne. You remind me that I must get some smaller brushes as, although I thought by using a larger canvas I would be able to get away from small details, it hasn't worked out that way.
Actually these two are cousins in law. Just family members sharing the beach together.

Anne said...

A leopard can't change its spots!
You'll notice a third of the painting is sand! And so you have actually reduced the size of the 9x12 canvas

Myself,I gotta go big to figure it out. Like one of those exploded plans diagrams

nice to know the back story. Cousins in law? That sounds like an old time big beach house group type of vacation. Nice...

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Crowded beach house weekend actually. Lots of fun.

Anne said...

Okay I'll stop guessing now lol
Glad it was fun

I'm painting a beach as well. A beach at sun set. It's fun to put in all kinds of colors and still have it look like a beach . Your use of marks in the sand creates a nice sense of depth