Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting Ready

Time to begin a new group of paintings.  I am starting with a pack of 9" x 12" canvas panels.  Just a bit larger, but I am thinking of these as possible plans for larger work.  First I cover the white canvas with a warm beige beginning.  I cover all the panels at once using a quick drying white as the base.  It is a sunny day so I put them all on the roof outside my 3rd floor studio window to dry.  I don't want the aroma in my space.
.
When I climb the stairs to this sanctuary I close the door and leave the phone and the computer behind.  Just me and my mess and whatever order I can make on the canvas.







 


1 comment:

Anne said...

This post startled me because so often I have wanted to say
" Nancy, work bigger ." But it's kind of presumptuous to say that to another artist.

Your paintings seem to me like much bigger paintings looking at them on line...Like windows rather than snap shots. It's hard to imagine them when I read their actual inch size

I'd say think in feet...but 9 x12 is a great start.