Friday, October 18, 2013

THE DREAM (missed the bus)



THE DREAM
(missed the bus)
Nancy Herman
6" x 8"
oil on canvas board

My dreaming self is in the station waiting for a train or on the street corner waiting for a bus to take me home.  I'm not sure which one to take, but I sense there is just one for me, when I see that very one has just left.  I see it roll past, knowing there is not another.

(Interesting that I never try to get home by boat or plane)

Here is some new research that would suggest that sleep is simply a way of emptying the trash in our brains.

1 comment:

Anne said...


Your style is perfect for this series as there's a mix of haziness and sharp clarity ...just as dreams have

Here is some new research that would suggest that sleep is simply a way of emptying the trash in our brains

There has to be a better way to say this.... like reconfiguring the components of our lives .

That's how it seems to me. We take people and events from different times and spheres and mix them up into an experience

They are mixed up in our waking lives, but we can't see the connections as well when in our everyday brain...and I'll point out if we do not get daily breaks from that everyday brain though sleep...we go mad

and there will be another bus. There always is lol

I think these common dreams of frantic, not enoughness stems in part from the human need to feel one is on a quest... Even if we seemingly fail at the object of the dream's quest....it's good, because the point is the questing itself