Thursday, September 8, 2011

EYE TO EYE WITH A SEAGULL


EYE TO EYE WITH A SEAGULL
Nancy Herman
6" x 8"
oil on canvas board

One day at the beach in the very early morning I stood watching the birds for quite a while.  I saw one seagull who seemed actually to be crashing into the waves the way many of us do when first jumping into the ocean.  It finally flew away but it was very heavy with water at first and flew low for a while, I guess until it dried off a bit.  Then it soared off. I found this very amusing. I never thought about the possibility that birds might actually play in the ocean..but why not?   Suddenly I found there were some eyes on me. Another seagull was standing very near looking straight at me, as if to say, "What's so funny".

$125.00








3 comments:

Azra said...

Great moment you've captured there Nancy! Love the reflections and light on the seagulls face.

Madison Moore said...

Just love this painting Nancy.
Best,
Madison

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Thanks so much ladies.