Thursday, March 10, 2011

CAPE TOWN


This month I traveled to Cape Town, South Africa looking for a spot to paint for the VIRTUAL PAINT OUT.  These palm trees caught my eye as, along with the pastel architecture, they correspond to what I imagine it is like live in this balmy port. According to Wikipedia, the city has one of the highest levels of biodiversity in the world and is home to a total of 19 different vegatation types, of which several are completely endemic to the city and occur nowhere else in the world.














5 comments:

Kim C Pelletier said...

I love your use of cool versus warm colours – I love them palm trees too – I’m still lurking around Cape Town, undecided.

Cheers!

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Stunning painting. You've taken a very ordinary scene and made it spectacular. Wonderful shadows and lights. Great color.

Anonymous said...

LOVE those trees! And the bright, bright sunlight, the composition, the feeling of a neighborhood. Great!

postcardsfromthemainline said...

Thank you ladies and gentleman. It's so good to know people are looking and appreciating.

Nan Johnson said...

Your palms & shadows really caught my eye. Great work!